I thought I would continue experimenting this morning.
Here are the tools I used. Black fabric, different sizes of brushes and liquid dishwasher detergent.
Dipping the brush in the cap filled with the detergent you stroke it on the fabric in the design you want. I stuck with flowers. Daisies & Cone Flowers.
On the panel with cone flowers I put the third layer on the flowers and then began one layer of new flowers at the top.
Cone flowers finished, I added the bottom flowers after rinsing the top ones off for an even subtle grouping. The photos do not show the subtleness of this.
I am getting the hang of this now. I apologize for my poor photos but this goes fast and I had to shoot the pics fast and then rinse with each step. When I first started I had one piece of fabric dry and one wet. It did not seem to matter with how it discharged.
Next time I would like to try doing it with the detergent thinned out and more liquidy. Then I will do wet vs dry fabric and see if it bleeds more on the wet.