While continuing the quilting on Mulberry and tweeking the Poppy quilt, I have been experimenting with doing some discharging with liquid dishwasher detergent and a brush on black fabric. I have been doing it in three different stages so far. First I left it on only until I could see some changes. Then I rinsed and dried and put it on again in some areas and repeated the same thing. Then I put it on again in some other areas and repeated. I decided to cut out some of the flowers just to see how they could be used in something. I still want to do one more discharge but I am sort of getting the hang of it and understand more how to handle the brush better and how long to leave it on to get the effect I want. You can see where it was put on too heavy and not feathered out well, but this is all experimental to prepare for the real thing.
Poor Barley was not happy with the thunderstorm we had last night. He just does not like it when it storms, poor guy. He looks at you like he is saying "do something!!!!" Barley is 6 years old and is a very special dog. He was rescued by my daughter and I and although he has quirky eyes and has a fear of storms, he is so lovable and sweet. Luckily the storm passed through quickly and he relaxed.