Jun 25, 2012

Pears Ready to Quilt

 I made up my pears with their shadows and stems on my teflon sheet.  Once I was happy with them

 I layed them on top of my prepared background.  I knew I wanted them high and in the left had corner.  I did not fuse them down until I constructed the bowl since it was going to have to go around these shapes.

Once I was happy with my bowl I fused all of it down.  Whew!  That was an entire days work with the exception of taking a break to watch the second Sherlock Holmes Movie with Robert Downey Jr.
It was so good and I loved the ending.   Now I am closing up the studio since it is 8PM.

Quilting will begin soon.

2 comments:

WoolenSails said...

I love the textures on the pears and the bowl fabrics are a perfect touch to set the pears in. You really have an eye for using fabrics that give color and texture to your pieces, I need to think about that as I look through my stash.

Debbie

Terri Stegmiller said...

It looks fabulous, as all your work does. Is your background already quilted? It sure looks like it if it isn't.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...