May 26, 2009

The Best Layed Plans.........

The last you heard from me, I told you it was going to be a weekend of quilting quilting and quilting. Well, what is it they say, "the best layed plans....." Sunday I got up and decide to weed the back yard and get that behind me first. So I went out and saw that this ground cover that we thought we got rid of last year was sprouting up everywhere. Well it took me until 1pm to get that all dug up again. Then I decided I needed some spots of color so Bob and I went to the nursery for some impatients. By the time we finished, made dinner and ate....all I could do was watch a movie that evening. We saw Valkerie. Very interesting historically. Good movie overall.
When we were at the nursery we saw this weeping cherry tree we both loved. Bob asked me where we could put it and I told him in the front yard "if" he would let me dig up around the front walk way. Bob is a lawn man. He loves his grass so any landscaping ideas I have which mean losing more grass always take a lot of time to convince him that it is a good idea.
Well I did convince him so at 9AM we were out there digging up sod. Yes, I know you can put paper down etc. but we like to dig it up and use it on bad spots in the yard or put it in our compost pile.
The dogs went to their respective spots on the porch to watch, I think they new this was going to take all day, and we began.



I know this does not look like that big of an area, but trust me.....it was! It also included one trip to the nursery to pick up the weeping cherry, a contorted spruce, a bird nest spruce, hostas, huecheras, astilbes and 4 annuals for color. Then another trip for a pickup truck of mulch. I am so happy with the results even though it took all my quilting time on the weekend.

3 comments:

Claire O'Connor said...

Barbara -- this IS quilting - -just using different materials! Looks fabulous! What a sweet home -- I just LOVE that porch!

Beena said...

Whew! That's a lot of yard work! Looks great, and worth all the effort.

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

Looks great and you will continue to enjoy it each time you go outside or come home!
K

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...