Apr 20, 2009

Crows Pins Complete


Since I have been sick with a cold it seemed the only thing I could do was quilt, so that is what I did. I completed "Crows Pins". The crows are each feathered in with metallic black thread (which is hard to see on here) to imitate their glossy look. I added the branches, leaves and birds flying off to add some depth and interest.

In the next few days I hope to have the opportunity to share some photos of the Chicago International Quilt Festival. There were some fabulous quilts this year and I think more art quilts than ever before.

7 comments:

Nellie's Needles said...

Well, you sure escaped from the misery of that cold into the creative process to make this delightful quilt. Hope you're feeling better.

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

Feeling better today! Thank you!

Terri Stegmiller said...

Wow, it's fantastic. Great quilt Barbara!

Anonymous said...

I love your quilts!

Zonnah said...

The crows are so cute!

Molly, Sweet Potato Shop said...

I love it! haha... I think this is one of my favorites of yours just because I know your sense of humor and it really brings it out.

frannie said...

Delightful! Makes me think of the crows in 'Dumbo'.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...