Jan 15, 2009
Today I spent most of the afternoon quilting one flower on my quilt that I plan on beading. Did a couple of smaller flowers too as well as about 1/3 of the background. I am really happy how it looks and it will only look better with the beads on it. I used teal, brown, Orange, black metallic and copper metallic thread.
When I finished that I went back to my girl that I wanted to put on my Mulberry Bush quilt. I thought maybe I would try satin stitching the edge.....well that was a mistake. I am not happy with the results, part of which is me and not doing a very good job. I just do not like the feel of it. No softness no movement, too stiff. So I am starting over not sure of my plan but I do know this is not it. I am also rethinking my color palette and my go softer with the clothing to go back to my idea of an old time story book.
It is interesting to me how early failure, no matter how frustrating, can sometimes be the best thing to happen to lead you in the right direction.