Nov 8, 2008

"Who's There" Complete


Last night I was able to complete "Who's There". I am happy with the results and learned a lot not only about my new machine, but about thread and tension. I am also getting better and better at machine quilting which I had been uncomfortable doing just a few years ago. What did I learn that is most important to me? That sometimes you just need to jump in with both feet and go for it. If you go back and look at the photos of my progress on this quilt you can see that in the beginning it looked like "where is she going with this?" Yet if you do not get nervous and panic and keep the process going layering more fabric and adding details at some point you will feel it coming together. For me it also works when knowing it is finished. That you have added enough and it is time to quilt. I hope you enjoyed sharing in the making of "Who's There". Now it is on to the next quilt which is already in the designing stage both on paper and in my head.

4 comments:

Jacque Davis said...

This is really an amazing piece of work so much detail. What are the little berries made of?

It captures depth very well...I feel like I am stepping into the scene. Well done!

Jacque

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

Thank you Jacque. The berries are rayon thread satin stitched.

I am happy you felt the depth. It is one of the features I work hard to achieve.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

This piece is incredibly detailed. You must have had a firm idea in your head before you started. It turned out beautifully and I did enjoy watching the stages as you worked on it.

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

Thank you Wanda. I enjoy your work as well and your mastery in the use of color. My next quilt will be a bit different for what I have done so far and I am planning on using some vibrant colors as well. Hope you will enjoy it.

I love the detail work. It brings the piece to life. Barb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...