Nov 11, 2008

Ordinary Work


This weekend was spent doing what I call "ordinary work". I had to catch up on my house, so Sunday was spent cleaning and not just the quick sweep of a vacuum and grabbing the swiffer to dust. So it actually took me the entire day even with Bob helping by cleaning the workshop, laundry, and family room. Then Monday was spent painting the interior of a new patio door we had installed that has a door in the middle and then two side lights on each side. The side lights have six mullions (is that what you call them) that require tedious detail painting. Plus all the hardware was already on so that needed special care going around. The door had to be primed and then painted. I started at 9am and finished at 4:30! Needless to say there was not much time left for starting a new quilt and my creative mindset was on hold so to speak. It has gotten cold here with temperatures down in the 20's at night and maybe into the high 30's low 40's in the day.
My fountain, that the birds love to bathe in the very upper level, is frozen.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...