Nov 17, 2008

Purple Mountains Majesty







Well, yesterday was the Green Bay Packer Game so while watching I decided to start a color study.
Wanted to try some new vivid colors. So I started this landscape. I ended up working on it until
about 5pm. I am still undecided about adding the trees in the front and need to work on the shadows cast from the hay. (Not sure if I want to use fabric or thread.) I am going to title this "Purple Mountains Majesty" because my husband came in my studio and said, "oh, purple mountains". That was it! I am liking working in these colors and feel more confident to start my next large quilt. This one measures about 36" by 20". I also need to decide about a border.
It was fun to do something less detailed.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...