Nov 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving To All!

I am sure many of you are in the same boat that I am, preparing both the house and the food for guests and family to come for Thanksgiving. I worked on the border of my newest quilt for a few minutes this morning (could not help myself even though I told myself to stay out of the studio). Then I forced myself to break away and concentrate on vacuuming, dusting and organizing for making stuffing and pies tonight. It is all worthwhile though as I absolutely LOVE turkey. I love the taste, the smell when it is in the oven, and I just love how it looks all golden and juicy when you bring it out hot and steamy. Now I am at work, but it is slow which is typical on the day before Thanksgiving since most people are doing what I did this morning and will be finishing tonight. We should be very busy over the weekend though as it is one of our busiest times of the year.

I spent last night reading Quilting Arts Magazine. I was intrigued by the article on using Rit dye for dying your own fabric. I myself have not done any dying. I just do not have the space in my house for dyes and the possible damage they may do to floors, counters etc. But when reading this article it appeared that maybe I could if I used her method of dying in plastic food storage containers. Perhaps I will give it a try this summer. I would love to be able to dye fabric exactly the way I need for a quilt rather than looking forever for something and sometimes settling for close, but not perfect.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...