Nov 28, 2008

Ready to quilt and embellish


Well, Thanksgiving is over and now starts the big shopping weekend so hopefully that will bring my Antique Shoppe some well needed business. I have decorated the windows and the interior and will start the Christmas music today to motivate people.

I finished the border on the Purple Mountain quilt. I have had a change in plan and decided to do more embellishing in this one. Therefore I eliminated the hay in the foreground and may or may not add them back in depending on how the embellishing and quilting affects the piece.

Hopefully I will be able to work after the business weekend is over.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where did your hay bails go?

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

I have decided to leave them off until I embellish and quilt it. It may not need them after that. I also have found a new technique on Thread Painting, so may do the bales all out of thread.

Anonymous said...

That is such a good idea.. I love the idea of doing the bales out of thread instead. I think you can get the right texture by doing that. Love your blog!

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

Thank you Molly. Keep watching to see how this goes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...