May 27, 2014

RED TWIG DOGWOOD

 I took this photograph a few weeks ago and liked it so much that I decided to use it for my next small bird quilt. 

 I chose my background fabric and border and fused them together and quilted them.
then I free cut  the branches from several red fabrics which had the fusible on them.

Once fused on I quilted the ones that were the furthest back first before laying others on top of them.  Here is where I am now in the process.

Hope all of you had a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend.  The entire week was busy for me as I had all of my flower beds to cleanup and vegetable garden to plant.  Then went out to my mother's to do more for her out there. 

Did go to the parade and memorial service here in town.....we are so thankful to all who have risked there lives for our country or paid the ultimate sacrifice so we can live in peace.

2 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Another beautiful start, love the border fabric and the colors you picked for the branches, perfect match to the real tree.

Debbie

Susan Turney said...

I LOVE how you placed the branches!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...