May 4, 2014

BLUEJAY

 I took this photograph of a BlueJay on my crabapple tree in the back yard.  The BlueJay is my Grandson Max's favorite bird so  I have been wanting to make a quilt with one in it for a while now.

 Chose this fabric for my background and quiilted it.

Now I am building the three making the bark and branches come alive with small pieces of fabric.  I always take artistic license to add branches even if not on the original photograph.  I will quilt these now and then see if it needs anymore.

A crisp but Sunny day today here in Wisconsin...may take a short break to take the dogs for a nice walk.  They are so happy to be out walking again it is hard not too.

2 comments:

WoolenSails said...

I am amazed at how you can use fabric to get the real look of bark. This is going to be another beautiful piece.

Debbie

Trish said...

Love your trees! Do you cut a tree-shaped fabric as the base and add more bits to it, or just construct the shape from small bits? Amazing...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...