Apr 30, 2014

"Alive In The Arts"

 Misty Morning

The Riverfront

These two quilts have been accepted in "Gallery 110 North" Annual Art Show
"Alive In The Arts"

I am so excited and it proves perseverance wins out.
This is the 4th year that I have entered this show which is not a quilt show but an art show.
Actually it is the  5th year because the very first year when I entered they rejected my application because it was a fiber piece.  Yes ...true.  However, they have become enlightened!  haha.
So I entered the next year and this time they took my entry but rejected it in judging.
Same thing happened the following two years.
So this year I was going to enter "The Riverfront" and thought, maybe I will enter two to get a better chance at maybe ONE being accepted in by the judge.
Today the envelope came and low and behold both were accepted!
I am on cloud nine to have finally reached this goal of mine....in twos!!!!

So if you are working on some goal...persevere because it will happen and you will feel the JOY!

10 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Your quilts are perfect for an art show, really represents the best in quilting arts for a show.

Debbie

Unknown said...

I am so happy for you! Those two quilts are really pieces of Art and will hold their own in the show. Annick

Loris said...

That is wonderful news! I love these quilts. Definitely works of art!

Susan Turney said...

Congratulations! Two beautiful pieces of art. I can't wait to hear more!

Trish said...

Woo ho! A trailblazer as well as an artist! ;)
Congrats!

Libby Fife said...

This is great! Both pieces are really wonderful and I am not surpised at all that they were accepted.

Beverly said...

Congratulations, that is awesome news. Your work deserves to be seen by a larger audience!

Peggyinno said...

Big congrats to you!! I think you have opened their eyes to the beauty of quilting art!

John Millar said...

I really like 'The Riverfront' its lines flow from start to finish and the woman in the scene carries the sun on her head as a hat!

Syed Kazim Ali said...

The Best Lol n Troll Network with the Name of Lols Gag... Troll Images, Prank Peoples, Funny Peoples, funny planet, funny facts, funny cartoons, funny movies pics, iphone funny, funny jokes, Prank Images, Fail Pictures, Epic Pictures, Lols and Gags, Lol Pictures, Funny Pictures, Lol is the Laugh out of Laugh where you can Fun Unlimited and Laughing Unlimited.
LolsGag.Blogspot.Com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...