May 30, 2012

A Little of this & that

 Finished quilting and binding "Coneflowers".
 
 Finished quilting and binding "Flight".

Then this morning we went out to lunch with our friends Mel and Heide.  After lunch we drove up to Manitowoc to the Gardens Along the Lake.  It was 48 degrees and drizzling.  Could not believe the change in the weather but we tried to make the best of it.  Had to take a photo of these old trees with branches of strange shapes.

 This one layed on the arbor.  (Notice the parking lot.  We were the only ones there in this awful weather.)

 Most of the flowers were just beginning to bloom.  I loved this varigated leaf yellow iris.  I have to find these somewhere.

 The Koi pond and waterfall was just beginning to have lily pads and blooms in it.

 These dark red velvety iris were stunning.

 Mel and Bob were troopers with collars up and hands in their pockets.

When I got home and headed to the studio, my buddies Ozzie and Watson were waiting at the top of the steps for me.  They almost match!

 I did some sketching of radishes....

and a Kohlrabi.  Then I cleaned up the studio which needed it.    Perhaps my final 3 twelve by twelve's will be one of these.

6 comments:

Cameron said...

Barb, So good to hear from you. It has been so long since talking to you and I have missed you. Thanks for the support and reassurance about time and healing. Regarding your work, I love "Flight" and I wouldn't change anything about it. The wing is fantastic!!! I think that you accomplished what you were after. I'm going to go back and catch up on your posts. Hugs, Cameron

WoolenSails said...

I think your bird piece is my favorite so far, love the look and the shades you used. I need to do some drawings from my photos and try something like this.

I do need to sketch more, trying to get my creative brain going again.

Debbie

Terri Stegmiller said...

These two new 12x12s are great, I especially like the flowers. I look forward to seeing if you create your sketches into a quilt.

Libby Fife said...

Sounds like a well rounded day! Beautiful gardens despite the weather and as always your sketches are great! Oh, and the pieces came out nicely too. Lots of goodness here:)

Molly, Sweet Potato Shop said...

I vote for the radishes! I love that sketch! very interesting.

Anonymous said...

WOEM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...