Jan 4, 2012

Sunflower No. 1

 Continuing to refer to my drawing I finished adding petals to my sunflower seed pod.

 Referring back to my drawing I trace all the leaves at the top of the sunflower.

 Flipping the tracing paper over so I get the flower to be exactly like the drawing, I retrace the leaves on a piece of fusible numbering them as I go.
This is sort of fussy and tedious but worthwhile if you want it to imitate your drawing.
Then I determine which ones will be dark and which ones lighter and fuse them to the fabric choice I make.

 Once again keeping my drawing close I begin assembling all the leaves.

 It is then auditioned on my background.

If I am happy with it I fuse it down.
Woolah!  No. 1 is finished and now just needs quilting!

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I can see now that quilting the background before adding the flowers is easier than trying to quilt around them.

WoolenSails said...

That is how my poor sunflowers looked this year, lol. Love seeing true nature, not everything is perfect all the time;)

Look forward to seeing how you stitch it. Also, what weight fusible do you use? I was thinking my heavier if I want to machine quilt, small pieces.

Debbie

Susan Turney said...

Although it does seem fussy and tedious it also looks like so much fun when you get to the part where you place the pieces and audition them. I'm loving watching the process. If you were so inclined it would make a great multi-day workshop!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...