Dec 9, 2010

I Made It!


No I am not talking about getting into a prestigious quilt show or art gallery I am talking about making it to one of my quilt guild meetings!  Our guild meets once a month on Weds.  They alternate each month with day time meetings and night time meetings.  So of course I could not make the daytime meetings due to work.  That left the evening meetings and for some reason, sometimes weather, sometimes having something scheduled and sometimes procrastination, I missed most of them.  For 2011 I AM going to make the meetings one way or the other and become active again.

So we had a guest speaker on dying wool which was interesting regardless of it being something I will never do.  Then it was cookie exchange night so I got to eat lots of delicious Christmas Cookies.
After that we had our meeting and it was followed by show and tell.  

I went home having volunteered to make a block for our next quilt show to be voted on and then used in something to sell for next year.  Plus took 3 already made up blocks to make them into something to sell at our show as well.   It can be anything so should be pretty easy.  My sister, Bonnie, was with me so she will help on the 3 block project.  

I am feeling reconnected. 

5 comments:

Eva said...

Sometimes I found pleasure in watching tutorials, thinking I wouldn't do this. I was wrong.

WoolenSails said...

Our guild has too many members, so you get put on a waiting list.

Debbie

Terri Stegmiller said...

Yay, for making it to the meeting and for having a good attitude about getting there more often. Have fun!

Rian said...

Yay for you! I always feel reconnected and recharged when I go to guild.

Kay said...

I deliberately skipped guild last night. You make me feel guilty :) Not really. I'm glad you're feeling positive about getting involved.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...