Jul 3, 2009

A Look At The Back & My Garden

Thought I would show the back of "The Canadian".
As some of you know, I tried a new technique for me of quilting the entire goose on
black stabilizer and then fused it to the already quilted top. I then machine stitched around the entire edge of the goose, insuring it would not detach over time.
So here you can see that outline stitch as well as how the wing looks from the back. I have also embellished a bit with some feathers and have one more on the sleeve which I have to still attach.

It is very dry here. Has been cloudy and looking like rain for the entire week but all we have gotten is sprinkles. So early this morning I went out to water and took some pictures of my exploding vegetable garden....


and the nude boy garden. Remember this used to be full of poppies. Now it is hostas, huecheras, delphiniums, astilbe, roses, grasses etc.

Hope you all have a great 4th of July!!!!!

6 comments:

Beena said...

I hope you have a great Forth, too!

I love the back of this, too...very refined. Can you e-mail me when you get a chance, and let me know what kind of stabilizer you used? I may try this technique at some point!

Thanks!

Libby Fife said...

Barbara-The back looks great!

I was telling my husband about how beautiful your garden looked. I then told him that you were in Wisconsin and he said to enjoy the weather while you can:)

frannie said...

Gorgeous gardens. I wish I could send you some of the rain we've been getting lately but your plants don't seem to have suffered.

Claire O'Connor said...

I love the idea of the surprise on the back of the quilt! And your garden is so lush and gorgeous!

Unknown said...

I think your canadian turned out wonderfully. I love the back detail! A quilt in itself. Having a much to wet summer here south of you. My Vegetables look so sad. As someone else has said..Enjoy the summer while you can!

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

Glad to hear you like the extra time I spend on the back. I almost gave that up thinking it is wasted time, but Nellie convince me otherwise. Thank you Nellie.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...