Jan 10, 2009

Beading Project





Okay, here is the beginning of the 27 x 22 quilt that I plan on beading to death. I now have to quilt it first and then start all the beading. It is different. I used a black and white floral on the right side and then a blue on the left. I added the fabulous flowers in orange and brown to both sides and then brought some of the black and white over to the blue side too. I wanted to intermingle them just a bit. I hope to spill some of the beads into the border as well. This should be interesting. Now to quilt it first.

I am also getting ready to start the Mulberry Bush quilt. I have re-layed it out on my design wall
(this is when I wish my studio could support two design walls) and will begin working on each of the girls separately.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is something very appealing about that piece. I can't wait to see the beading. Can I ask how you are fusing the pieces-what method you are using? Thanks in advance Barbara and as usual I am enjoying your posts:)

Nellie's Needles said...

Your interesting combination of flowers and your color layout is a fantastic start for any direction towards a finished piece. ooooo... that's a lot of beading ahead of you and I'm looking forward to watching your progress.

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

Thanks Nellie and Libby. It will be a lot of beading that is why I thought I would work on two at a time and do the beading when I am watching tv and then work on Mulberry while in the studio.

As far as the method I use... On this one I only put small pieces of fusible (wonder under) on the backs of the each flower or leaf that I added rather than the whole thing. Just enough to hold it in place and avoid pins while quilting it. Some of the others I have worked on in the past I put fusible on the back of the fabric and then fussy cut it.
These are much larger pieces so it is easier doing it this way and I do not have as much fusible to go through then with the needle when beading. It was hard to put some of the dew drops on the pinecone quilt due to layers, thread and fusible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...