May 29, 2016

 
"SILENT FAREWELL"
17 1/2" X 30"
Available for sale in my Etsy Shoppe ( See link in sidebar.)

I feel so remiss in not sharing the journey of this quilt as I went along with it with you.  It just seemed there was not time these last few weeks to work on it and still have time to post here with the process so you can go to the journey down below .

Here are the detail shots.  I enjoyed this piece as barns are near and dear to my heart.  i love the warmth of the red in the coolness of the winter snow too.  I also love how the shed shows many layers of repair in the owners attempt to keep it functional.
I hope you enjoy it too.
 




The Journey






11 comments:

Jacqueline said...

I have missed seeing your posts. Glad you are back.

Linda Swanekamp said...

I love everything about this- the colors, the textures, the subjects, the compositions, the stitching--all just absolutely gorgeous!!

WoolenSails said...

I love it, love looking at it and the close ups just show how amazing the detail is.

Debbie

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Very nice! The big red barn reminds me of my dad's barn when they lived up by Hixton WI

Peggyinno said...

It's nice to see you are back with another great project completed! I love this barn! You captured every last detail of it! Another beautiful piece!

Rian said...

Another beauty, Barbara. Love the colors, texture, and airiness of the grasses. I have those exact same glasses, LOL!

Trish said...

Love.it.

CAFM said...

Absolutely love the barn and cabin quilt "Silent Farewell".

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

So happy you love this piece. It came from a nearby farm and just had so much texture I had to photograph it and immortalize it as well.

Linda said...

Oh, my!!! I am somewhat green with envy!!! This is utterly amazing!!!

Unknown said...

Mungkin dari kalian ingin mencoba keberuntungan bermain sabung ayam secara Online dan di siarkan secara langsung atau biasa kita sebut dengan Live di agen s128
Dapatkan informasi penting dalam dunia sabung ayam di website bawah ini
https://sabungburung.tumblr.com/post/176016942656/3-trick-ini-diakui-menang-sabung-ayam-on-line

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...