Jan 5, 2016

BACKGROUND

For those of you who are new to my blog, I like to quilt my entire background before beginning the details of the piece.  I relate it to the canvas of a painter and prepare it first before I begin.  Even though much of it will be covered it still saves a lot of time in the end because there is no stopping and starting, or any quilting around the details of the piece which can be difficult and very time consuming.  I choose to do it this way, you do not have to.  We all must find what works for us.  I believe in that in all aspects of my art.

4 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Yay another journey.

Robbie said...

Yes, it does work for you. My friend did/does this and so I started quilting my background(s). It's a great tip!

WoolenSails said...

It looks like the perfect background for a rooster. I spent the morning moving furniture so I could organize my room and all I did was make a mess, now i have to rethink my layout, lol.

Debbie

GranthamLynn said...

Beautiful work. I followed a pin over to find you. I'm following now.
I was interested in how you quilted your pieces. This is a fabulous idea. You've answered my questions about quilting applique. I will be coming by to look at your beautiful work.
Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...