Jul 16, 2015

COFFEE ANYONE?

 Last weekend I went to the Farmers Market in nearby Elkhart Lake.  There is a great coffee shop there called "Off The Rail" because it is situated right by the Railroad Tracks.  So after getting some coffee, I took this photo and liked it so much I decided to use it as the inspiration for my next art quilt.

 Today I loosely sketched out the crowd and the building....I want this to be sort of casually done...not straight lines on the bldg or perfection here or.....
 in the people here.

I have the basic background finished and quilted it measures 30X19 inches.   So now I am ready to add what is furthest away.....which will be some trees and an attached building.   I will most likely eliminate some of the sign clutter around the scene towards the left.....and maybe add some things...but that is the joy of making it your own.  Hope you enjoy this new journey with me.

4 comments:

WoolenSails said...

That is going to be a wonderful piece, love the subject and I agree, clearing the clutter will only make it nicer.

Debbie

Linda Swanekamp said...

Can't wait to see it progress. I just got back from a couple of days on the ocean in Maine and have lots of photos. I would love to make a quilt based on these. As usual, I am not sure where to start. Wish I could sit down and have a cup of coffee with you. I'd treat!

Jacqueline said...

Your talents are awe inspiring. I am looking forward to your journey

Susan Turney said...

This will be so fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...