Apr 24, 2015

UNDER THE SEA

 UNDER THE SEA
35" X 20 3/4"
Available Here

Creating this quilt was a joy and an escape.  My life was a bit chaotic during the creation process but it took me away into the beautiful life beneath the surface of the ocean and in doing so was joyful to work on.  It depicts tropical fish, tropical ocean plant life, a grumpy crab and bubbles floating to the surface.  I hope you enjoy the detail shots below and the journey of this art quilt.





THE JOURNEY








It was a long journey but it was so worthwhile.  I hope you agree.............Barbara


7 comments:

Suzanne Ramsay said...

It is beautiful. I enjoy your posts, the more the better as I am trying to talk myself into starting some landscape quilts and you are inspirational.
Thank you

Jacqueline said...

Beautiful fabrics,beautiful composition, beautiful quilt. Thanks for sharing.

Ellen said...

I really like this vertical composition....love the way the bubbles lead you through the piece. Thanks for sharing your process!

Unknown said...

MAGNIFICENT!!!! A TRUE MASTERPIECE!!!

Linda Evans said...

Lovely! I am intrigued by the layering. So many elements are positioned early on, only to be covered up later.
Linda Evans

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

Thank you all for such kind comments. Linda, the layering usually will always show some of what is behind it in what I feel is a more natural way. I like knowing that the entire fish (or whatever it is) is there, even when Partially hidden.

Rian said...

What a fun piece! It keeps the eye busy with all sorts of surprises and whimsical details. Well done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...