Aug 11, 2014

UPDATE

It has been a long process but Tuesday we will be moving finally.  Then the unpacking will begin and setting up my new studio.  I have done a bit of it in between but still a lot to do before I can begin working in there again.  I thank you all for your patience during this huge undertaking.

To make things a bit more complicated my dear mother fell at home and broke her hip.
She had surgery and is doing fairly well considering her age but will need several months of therapy before being able to go home again.  They will move her from the hospital to a health care facility called Rocky Knoll.   My mother is a very independent person and also a private person so this is going to be a challenge for her and I hope she can adapt to being  in this new situation for this length of time.  She still lives in our family home out in the countryside and is used to the privacy she has there.

So hopefully I will be able to get back to work soon and share more with you.

5 comments:

Libby Fife said...

Lots of changes for your mom. I am hoping for the best.

But, good news for you with the move. Just keep plugging along:)

WoolenSails said...

I bet you can't wait to get into the new house and be able to relax and enjoy the area. I hope your mom does well, it is hard when they are healing and dementia making it even harder for them. I hope she heals quickly and can return home.

Debbie

Loris said...

Some of life's moments all seem to happen at the same time! I'm so sorry to hear about your mom's fall. I hope the recovery goes smooth. My mom broke her hips a couple of times. The first was in her 80's and she didn't tolerate the rehab facility but was out of there and on her own fast! The second time she was 91 and had to stay for two weeks. She tolerated it much better that time...but got sick of her kids staying with her in her home till she was safely independent though :-)

Susan Turney said...

Oh, Barb. I had no idea dementia was in the mix. My mother decided she didn't want to live alone in her house anymore so moved to a Sr. Apartment building that was connected to a care facility and the hospital. But...it was her idea. She enjoyed having her own apartment and the big meal that was served at noon in a large dining room. I was glad she made the move because the staff was always available to the residents and kept an eye out. She also had friends there so they all looked out for each other. But, again, it was her idea. I hope you can maybe get your mom to think along those lines or something that will allow her to keep her independence. So sad for all of you. A tough road ahead.

Rian said...

Now the fun begins. Where to put everything!

I hope your mother's hip heals quickly; it's a difficult spot to be in...broken hip, dementia...not a good time, as they say. Those little old ladies don't cotton to being fussed over. They want to do it themselves!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...