Apr 22, 2014

PUFFIN

 Was sort of stuck after my last art quilt....nothing coming to mind to inspire me to begin a new piece.  When this happens I always go to the birds.  Birds inspire me and I have thought of doing a Puffin for a long time.  I love how graphic the markings are on this bird.  I have had this in my "Ideas" folder for a while and it appears today is that day to make him into art.
So I made my background and border and quilted them both. 

I had sketched the puffin first so knew how big to make the blue background.  Now I will begin to make this beautiful bird with the happy kind eyes.

4 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Love that shade and the variations. I have been collecting batiks and hand dyed so hopefully I can try some small art pieces with them.

Debbie

Terri Stegmiller said...

A puffin will be a wonderful subject to work with. I look forward to the progress.

Libby Fife said...

I knew you wouldn't be at a loss for any length of time:)

Anonymous said...

Keep it going and I’m pretty sure you’ll get more and more visitors here on your page.

www.triciajoy.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...