Apr 22, 2014

PUFFIN

 Was sort of stuck after my last art quilt....nothing coming to mind to inspire me to begin a new piece.  When this happens I always go to the birds.  Birds inspire me and I have thought of doing a Puffin for a long time.  I love how graphic the markings are on this bird.  I have had this in my "Ideas" folder for a while and it appears today is that day to make him into art.
So I made my background and border and quilted them both. 

I had sketched the puffin first so knew how big to make the blue background.  Now I will begin to make this beautiful bird with the happy kind eyes.

7 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Love that shade and the variations. I have been collecting batiks and hand dyed so hopefully I can try some small art pieces with them.

Debbie

Terri Stegmiller said...

A puffin will be a wonderful subject to work with. I look forward to the progress.

Libby Fife said...

I knew you wouldn't be at a loss for any length of time:)

lee woo said...

A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing. See the link below for more info.

#nothing
www.mocsbar.com

forrestcodilla said...

Keep it going and I’m pretty sure you’ll get more and more visitors here on your page.

www.triciajoy.com

Cindy Dy said...

This is really an interesting topic. I had a great time surfing and found some important tips and information from your blog. Keep it up.

Bob
www.gofastek.com

lee woo said...

Love it! Very interesting topics, I hope the incoming comments and suggestion are equally positive. Thank you for sharing this information that is actually helpful.


ufgop.org
ufgop.org

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...