Sep 17, 2013

Its All About the Details

 Above you will see I added a fence...it is green but you can not see that in this photo....lighting in studio today is bad due to very cloudy day.

 I want to add some fir trees so loosely sketched them on a piece of fused fabric.

Here is the fabric choice I used...sometimes you find fabric that you plan on using on water or a prairie and it works well in many other uses.

 Once cut out I place them on the hilside........and then

 Quilt!   Here is one finished, the other unfinished.   I love YLI Forest 24V 40wt Cotton thread for doing evergreens. It is a variegated thread that is wonderful for needles on pines.

Once the pines were finished I added the foreground trees that go in front of them.    See how this is coming together fast.  Not bad for two days work.  Stay tuned though...more is to come.

4 comments:

Laura said...

I love watching your process, thanks for posting it step-by-step.

WoolenSails said...

Love what you have so far and for sharing your process, it will help me when I am going through my stash pile and thinking about texture for items.

Debbie

Libby Fife said...

Love the multiple directions of lines in those trees. Very nice!

Susan Turney said...

It's so fun to see watch you add the elements that make it all come together! Especially when we don't have a clue about what's coming. How big is this one?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...