Nov 29, 2012

Hardwoods & Stockings

I actually got back to work yesterday on my landscape.   I am still working on the background and have added some hardwood trees to the scene.  This one is quilted......

 This one is not quilted yet.  I like adding the finer branches with the quilting and you can see the difference it makes by comparing these two trees.

 So in case you forgot due my long absence, here is the landscape as it looks now.

I can show you what I had been working on since the gifts have been given out early.  I made these Christmas stockings from patterns by "Crawford Designs".  I did make some changes of my own to some of them but I was pretty happy with the results.  The hardest part, the stripes on the scarves and the french knot snow on the background which took quite some time.  The kids love them though and that is all that matters.   They are all wool felt and lined and about 24" long.






6 comments:

WoolenSails said...

I love that landscape, reminds me of a painting we bought from the art show. It was our first and we didn't have much money, so we bought a landscape with a stream for 10 dollars, lol. And I love your stockings, those really came out so cute and so much detail.

Debbie

Heather said...

Those stockings are adorable - what a wonderful girt.

Terri Stegmiller said...

Your quilt is coming along beautifully! I love the stockings too. I have been thinking recently that I really need to make a stocking for everyone in the family but I don't think I'll get that done for this Christmas.

Susan Turney said...

Those stockings are beautiful!!! They'll look so cute hanging!

Knatolee said...

The landscape is truly lovely, Barb. And I love the stockings too!

Libby Fife said...

Those stockings are so cute! But no wonder they took awhile, they are so detailed. They will be heirlooms someday too. What a lovely gift.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...