May 5, 2012

Crow

 Today I had the morning free before leaving for work so I quilted the branches of my new piece.

 This is how it looks from the back.  Sometimes the back tells a story too.

 Still had time to quilt the leaves.  I like to use different colored threads that enhance the object. I love how the leaves are transformed when quilted.

 Last night I sketched out my "character" I wanted to add to this piece.  I wanted a crow with a look on his face so he would be checking out the viewer.

 I took my sketch and transfered it to tracing paper and then used the tracing paper on top of the quilt to decide on placement.

 I think I am leaning toward this one.  Fits the branches quite well.

I have to finish quilting the leaves before working on the bird tomorrow.  We are picking up a beautiful 1800's step back cupboard up in Green Bay.  It may become my new pantry if I like it.  Why buy new when you can have a piece of history instead.  It is 7 feet tall so it will fit in my kitchen.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your crow! Want to see photos of the cupboard! Indeed, why new when there are ones with history around!

WoolenSails said...

I love your crow sketch and can't wait to see it on your quilt and i hope you show us photos of your new cupboard, it sounds wonderful.

Debbie

Susan Turney said...

I love watching it develop! What a great crow!!! I can't wait to see how you make him come alive.

Libby Fife said...

The quilting does add so much doesn't it? Great colors and I can't wait to see Mr. Crow in his new home:)

Be sure to show the cupboard too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...