Apr 22, 2012

New Fabric

 I purchased some new greys this week at SeaWatch Fabrics.  I have a quilt in mind and hope to start working on it soon.


 I also bought some lights to go with it but they actually look darker here.  No so...nice and light.

Then I had to have this one for no reason at all except I love it and am sure some day will find a use for it.

 And this hand dye for the same reason.

Needed some thread.  When I am close to running out of a color I write it down and then when there is enough to order I go to Red Rock Threads and place an order for my inventory and usually find a few extras.

The thread is laying on top of these denim like fabrics purchased at "The Sewing Basket" our local shoppe.  I want to use them in a pieced background, so they are sitting on my cutting table waiting.

All of this sure helps the creative juices start to flow.  I am excited for what I will be doing in the future weeks and months. 

2 comments:

WoolenSails said...

I do that all the time, the fabric speaks to me and I know it will look beautiful in something, so I buy it and someday, I will figure it out;)

Debbie

Susan Turney said...

How fun! I used to love to go to the fabric stores and buy whatever "spoke to me". I've only found one store here in Las Vegas and haven't seen a lot of turnover in their batiks. Right now I'm in the mood for turq, green, and yellows and have what they offer. But I'll keep checking.

BTW I finished my first fused piece but haven't put the hanging strip on the back. Why does that always take so long to do? Once I start it's finished in so little time! I'm kind of mad at myself because I couldn't find the batting Melody recommended and used something else and it really flattened out when I pressed it before squaring up. Live and learn! Maybe I shouldn't have pressed it?

I LOVED fusing, though.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...