I told MDH that today was going to be a full day in the studio no matter what! So first I cleaned. Then I began the construction of a sunflower for on one of my 12X12 backgrounds I made up weeks ago.
Next came the leaves. I have a great fabric that does a lot of the work for you and for this small quilt I used it. I sketch out the leaves on fusible and then I lay them strategically on the fabric thinking about direction and light and dark.
Woolah! Still needs quilting but I am happy with it.
There are two more to go. One will have poppies and one will have fish. I always save all my sketches from previous quilts which I will use for these two. I just change the fabric and freely add the petals or leaves during construction. It is amazing how different they will look from the originals.