Dec 30, 2011

A trip to Milwaukee's Art Museum

 Last Wednesday, Bob and I took a trip to Milwaukee's Art Museum to see the Impressionist Show.   It was so interesting to see work that was not well know.
Sketches, Pastels, Pastels and Gouche, and some Oils.
I love to see the beginnings of these famous Men and Women.
It included.  Monet, Manet, Gauguin, Lautrec and VanGogh.

 If you have never been there, the architecture is amazing!

 On your way to the show you pass amazing scuptures.
Here is one of my all time favorites by Henry Moore.

 A Lipschitz.


 And the most powerful Woman in the world by Gaston Lachaise.
Amazing.

 The art museum is right on Lake Michigan so Bob stopped several times for me to take some wintry shots of the beach.
 It definitely has an entirely different appearance then it does in summer.

 As we headed north towards home we drove along Lakeshore drive to see some of the beautiful homes in Milwaukee, Shorewood and Whitefish Bay.
It is one of the most beautiful areas and has fabulous architecture.
 When we got to Grafton we stopped at the Water Street Brewery for a 
lunch/dinner.    I had a Pale Ale and.......
A three cheese tomato avocado grilled cheese on sour dough bread.  It came with homemade potato chips.   It was sooooooooo good.

Just a really fun day and with no snow you can get around easily.

4 comments:

Mary said...

I am so jealous! I plan to go to the museum when I visit family in February. Seeing the homes along the lake, the lake itself, going to Grafton... makes me so homesick for Milwaukee!

Kay said...

For several years, my husband and I went to Milwaukee for our anniversary. We loved the museum. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit., and thanks for the pictures Happy New Year.

Libby Fife said...

That architecture! And the sculptures set against the white walls. Just wonderful.

I want to come and hang out with you! A pale ale for lunch sounds great!

Anonymous said...

The architecture IS amazing. And that plate of food looks yummy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...