Each year my guild has a block contest. You can do applique or piecing and that includes fusing.
Then the following year the blocks are made into something and raffled off.
So here is the block (10 12" X 10 1/2 ") that I made. The fabric we had to use is the beige bottom fabric...I lucked out and had the grey version in my stash! So it worked out great!
I have been sick with a bad head cold for a week. Now I am better although not 100% yet.
I did have to get back in my studio and finally could finish quilting my Gouldian piece.
Here is a detail shot of one of the birds. I am pretty happy with the quilting and once I decide if I am going to enter it in a show and what there requirements are, I can not show you much more. Some shows insist that piece not be shown anywhere.