Jun 10, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom!

June 9th my Mom turned 86!

Bob and I went out to her house to bring her a cake and wish her a happy birthday.
Mom is doing well, still a bit weak but much better than before.
She has a great sense of humor as you can see by this raccoon carving she had to have....


but she added the stick and marshmallow.
It is beautiful out by her house right now.  Lush and green.
  I was 14 years old when my family moved here.


When we got home from our visit I thought I would check on Robby.

Look at him!  In just those few days he is 
looking like a real bird and so much bigger.  He is actually cute now!

7 comments:

Quilt or Dye said...

Isn't it interesting. Young people are allowed to have a sense of humor but I always seem surprised when an older person does. Do I think a person should outgrow a sense of humor? Anyway, back on topic...Happy Birthday Barbara's mother!

Rian said...

Good to see your mom hasn't lost her sense of humor. Happy Birthday, Mom!

WoolenSails said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom!
Mine started collecting raccoons and my sister gave them to me, not really my thing, lol.
He sure has grown and so sweet.

Debbie

Joyce said...

Happy birthday to your mother. I hope I look that good when I get to be 86!

Libby Fife said...

Your Mom looks great! Glad that she is doing well.

Robby is looking good too:)

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

My mother thanks all of you for all the birthday wishes.

Thanks from me too!

Cameron said...

Barb, Your Mom looks great. I love it that she still colors her hair (mine quit a couple of years ago) and I have told you that she is 88 as of February. We do have quite a bit in common. Can't believe how fast the little bird has grown, but maybe that is being an "only birdie." He/she gets all of the worms. Have a great weekend.
Hugs, Cameron

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...