Feb 18, 2010

Daisies in Bloom

  Last Tuesday when I got to work I found Bob in terrible back pain.  Somehow he got in my car and we went to the emergency room.  He had pinched his Sciatic nerve.
So after lots of narcotics he could move again and go home which is where he is now.
He has to excercise and take these meds for a week and not drive lift or anything else for that matter.
He feels good now and is gradually going off the pain killers so that is good and my cold is over.

I have had to get to work early and stay all day so I am not able to do much else.  Today I was going through a box of antique linens and ran into these crocheted(?) daisies done in a chain.
I am keeping this for myself.  I can see cutting these off and using them sometime in the future.
Some woman was very talented. 

I am so glad I got a head start on my up and coming reveal piece for "Interpret This".
I would be scrambling right now if I had not.  I still need to bind it and put on a sleeve but I should be able to do that easily before the 1st.
I had wanted to catch up with the other members and do my self portrait, but that is not going to happen this month.  Hopefully next month will be a healthier one for us. 

4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I can see why you would save those daisies for yourself. They are made with jumbo rick rack aren't they and then crocheted around?

If you want your text to align left, type the first letter and then click on the align left icon. It took me 3 days to figure that one out.

WoolenSails said...

Those daisies are gorgeous, I could never crochet like that. Sciatic pain is not fun, I have a bum hip from a fall and had a good therapist who showed me a stretch to keep the pain away.

Debbie

Libby Fife said...

Well, I am sorry about Bob but I just love those daisies! Lots of patience.

By the way, don't forget your reveal date is on the 28th. Don't be late to your own party:)

esquiltingpassion said...

Glad everyone is on the road to recovery. What a great find, the daisies are beautiful.
Elaine

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...