Dec 30, 2009

By The Sea


No. 32 "By The Sea"

I am quilting "By The Sea" but have been interrupted by many unexpected events.
Christmas Day was wonderful despite the bad weather. We had rain all day turning to sleet and then snow Christmas evening. The next day Bob went down to check out store and shovel only to find that ice dams had formed up on the roof causing all the rain to back up and come down through the ceilings in one of the rooms of our antique shop. That caused a chandelier to come loose and fall hitting a 3 drawer chest placed under it.
The room all this is in has carpet and about 30 display cases full of antique items.

To make a long story as short as possible, my sons went down there and shoveled off as much on the roof as they could. A cleaning agent and of course our insurance agent were called.
We now have all the cases emptied, the carpet torn up, the antiques in there packed up, the basement room beneath it cleaned up and the ceiling torn out in both rooms.
Fans and dehumidifiers are going.

The rest of the store is fine and open but this area is closed.
Not what we needed but....it could have been way worse.


5 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You sure didn't need a disaster in the middle of your last few pieces. I'm glad it wasn't any worse than it was.

Nellie's Needles said...

Wonderful graphics in this new piece!

Oh, what a mess! I'm glad that problem was discovered before it became an even bigger one.

Libby Fife said...

The new piece is wonderful-seems like a warm Spring day...

Sorry about the weather related accident at the store. It sounds like you got it handled pretty deftly though so good news!

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

Thank you all once again.
I will have to translate CV's since my talents at Spanish are not as good as they used to be.

The store is under control so to speak. Things are drying out and although it is in disarray, it will be fixed and returned to normalcy soon. It could have been so much worse and that is what I am thankful for.

WoolenSails said...

I am always saying that, it could have been worse;)
Life is funny that way and if I let every disaster that falls in my way, I would really be depressed, lol.

I love your new piece, think each new one is my new favorite. I am working on a simple piece to try a little bit of art quilting, a bird on a branch, so something new and fun to do.

Debbie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...