Aug 12, 2009

Egrets, Packing & Borders


It has been a hectic couple of days. There just was no time for blogging unfortunately. However, I think things are calming down now and hopefully I will get back to some normalcy.
Here is the photo my brother Jeff shot from his car when traveling through the Horicon Marsh area of Wisconsin. It is my copy of it not the original photo so excuse that.
I am just picturing it as a gorgeous quilt and will find the perfect background blue for this one.



Then I had to pack up my two quilts (Turtle Soup and The Intruder) for the "Quilt Expo" in Madison Wisconsin. My sister, Bonnie, came over and brought her New York Beauty Quilt that she entered and we shipped them all together. We each looked over the others quilts making sure there was nothing overlooked.


The only thing I had time to do on my Lily quilt is audition a border and binding. I am pretty sure I am going with this choice.

Our weather has gone from hot and humid back to sunny and wonderful with temperatures in the high 70's and low 80's. I got about 1/3 of my flower beds weeded and hope to get out there after dinner tonight to finish up.

Bob is working on our second story porch and putting up all new railings made out of that stuff that never needs painting. Hoorah! I painted it the last time and it was a huge job. This will be nice to never have to do that again. So...things are looking up!

4 comments:

http://abebedorespgondufo.blogs.sapo.pt/ said...

Good blog.
Portugal

Libby Fife said...

I can't wait to see what you do with that photo and quilt!

I have my fingers crossed for you with the weather:)

frannie said...

Water lily looks fabulous. Anticipating Egret's debut.

Knatolee said...

The lily is gorgeous, and I like the border/binding choice!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...