Here is the completed "My Pods". I think I will smile everytime I look at this piece since
it was supposed to be a nice small quicky and I think I spent more time on this then other quilts that I made. This was partly due to the quilting error made. However, I was rescued with great
quilters giving me tips on how I could save this and not hide it in a closet. First, I colored the threads that crossed over the pods and leaves to match and not stand out so badly.
Then I over quilted some detail stitches on top of the pods and leaves.
It worked! I am actually happy with the movement and action on this little quilt as I wanted
it to reflect the music that is listened too each day and as loud or soft as I want!
I was doing double duty finishing up "My Pods" and beginning the background to my next quilt on my featherweight. I like using it for seaming just to keep it in use and keep the oil flowing.
I cut apart a great piece of fabric I had in my stash and reassembled it. I wanted the water to look more in motion and wavy.
More to come later.
Since it is our vacation I thought I would show the lake we went fishing on. It is called
"Bullhead Lake". Not a very nice name. It was small and we probably will not go back because of that, but it was still beautiful and peaceful. I enjoyed "discovering" a lake I had never heard of that was only one hour away.