Apr 8, 2009

Can't Get Started

I had thought I was ready to start quilting on my "Mulberry Bush" quilt. (If you go down the page you can see it completed before quilting.) However, the fabric I originally bought for the backing
is too small. When I added the borders it made this quilt larger than 45" fabric will cover.
So now I need to go out and find a suitable backing fabric since what I have large enough in my stash is not working on this piece.

Since I am going to the International Quilt Festival in Chicago next week with my sister, I think I will just wait to get something perfectly suited for this quilt when I am there. Or perhaps I should think of piecing the back with several fabrics?

So in the meantime, I may be forced to start a smaller piece. We will see.

5 comments:

Libby Fife said...

Sounds like you have some shopping to do, lady! Forced to start another project to boot!:):)

Eva said...

Well, why not piece the back? Wasn't it part of tradition to use what is there?

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

You are right Eva. I am trying to do that, but so far have not found something totally suited for the piece. I am not giving up yet though.

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

I'd back it with something(s) you have. I'm sure you have somthing that will work!
Then you can find something that really speaks to you to buy in Chicago not having to concern yourself with a backing for this.
K

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

I am piecing it! Will spend my money on something new and exciting at the quilt festival!

Thanks for helping me make that decision.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...