Feb 20, 2009

One of Those Weeks



This has been a week of all sorts of odd things happening in life, preventing you from getting much done. So....I finally did a few things yesterday up in the studio. Began adding some grounding under the girls, tufts of grass, shadows and there is more to come. Then I fused some leaves on my autumn leaves quilt that I condensed down to two rows. So at least some progress was made.
I can start the quilting on that one this morning.

My good friend Claudia came over one day and showed me the progress she is making doing paper piecing for the first time. She is a "beginner" quilter and is doing so well I am so proud of her. She is taking the class on paper piecing at the local quilt store.

Then before work the next day I stopped at my sisters house (Bonnie) to look at a wool and cotton appliqued quilt she has been working on for TWO years. I have convinced her to begin taking photos and then when she finishes she can start blogging. So she is. This quilt is outstanding! She is such a good appliquer.

Now for a question, I am trying to figure out how to add these pictures in between the text.
Can anyone help me? I just can not figure it out.....I can add them at the top but not in between.

6 comments:

Libby Fife said...

Normally, I position my cursor where I want the photo. Blogger then puts the photo at the top of the page and I then drag it to where I want it. Picture first, then text is how I do it.

The Girls look great! Your new Fall quilt also looks good-can't wait to see it quilted.

Have a good weekend.

Eva said...

When you are loading up the picture, you get a menu at the bottom of the window where you can choose the alignment of the picture. Whether the text is to run down beside the picture, right or left, or if it is to start at the bottom of the picture. The default is "under the picture", just try the other radio buttons! I find the layout in Blogger a little difficult to handle, so I try many times and publish it, look and try again. It does involve some gambling.

Life Scraps and Patches said...

I do the pictures first, then insert text between them. Or, click on a picture and drag it to where I want it to go. Good luck.

Nellie's Needles said...

I see quite a bit of progress for so little time to devote in your studio.

As for positioning photos in a blog post, clicking and dragging doesn't work for me ... the space is too narrow to go anywhere. I "cut and paste" the photo to position it where I want it to appear within the text. Sometimes Blogger gives me a problem with spacing or underling the text. When that happens I write it out further down in the edit box and then copy and paste it in the right place.

Also, I designate large size pictures that are centered. Those size selections only refer to how large or small the picture will be viewed. They do not change the pixle size.

The WestCountryBuddha said...

I think you probably have enough answers already, but if you find - like me - dragging a picture doesn't work, there is another way. Don't fall asleep during the explanation; it's rather boring!

Upload all your photos but put a space between them. Click on the html box at the bottom of your page to turn all the photos into a jumble of letters. Highlight the letters for a particular photo (click and drag) then right click your mouse on them, and click copy. Move the mouse to where you want the photo. Right click the mouse, and press on paste.

When done, just click on the "compose" tab at the top right hand side of the page to turn it all back from letters to pictures.

The picture will now be in 2 places and you can click the mouse on to the original and press delete to get rid of it.

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

I decided to start with the easiest solution suggested. So I went with loading the pictures first and then putting the text in between by just clicking in between. That worked!

Thank all of you for all your advice.
It is all about loading those pictures first.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...