Dec 20, 2008

Pinecones







Here are the first few photos of my next smaller quilt, Pinecones. Not real exciting right now, but it is a start.

I worked most of the afternoon. My husband Bob made his famous bean soup and at about 3 in the afternoon came up to my studio with a strawberry ice drink he makes with strawberries, ice and just a touch of 1% milk. He will not tell me his "secret mix" but it is so good and none fattening! A great energizer and just what I needed to keep working until 5!

It is still snowing here. Just a light dusting now. I believe we got about 10 inches of fresh snow but the plows have everything open so I am off to work. Tomorrow is my Mom's Christmas so we will be gone all day celebrating with my family. In order to have the turkey done and be over there at 11:30, I will have to get up at 4 am to stuff it and get it in the oven. I will definitely try to go back to bed though. That is way too early for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am going to enjoy watching this one being built, I can tell! I am curious to know about the background fabric, whether or not it is purchased fabric.

Thanks in advance, Libby Fife.

PS-Your snow buddies look like they are having a good time!

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

Hi Libby
I was having trouble getting my comments but it is sorted out now so that is the reason for the delay in answering.

I bought this fabric. Isn't it great.
I picked it up at the Chicago International show last year. I really regret not buying more so I will look for it again this year. I can see using it for a lot of projects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...