Apr 1, 2013

Unquilted Boreal

Being stuck upstairs with all pets may have it good points.  The workman came today to put in the kitchen floor, the last step to our project.  So I brought everyone upstairs with me so they would not be underfoot while he went between the kitchen and living room where the boxes of flooring are located.   This allowed me to begin working on my Boreal Owl at 7:30AM.  It is now 3:30 PM and I am finished with the construction of his face and wing.    He will now go under the needle to add all the detail.  I chose to use a fabric paint for the small white dots on his head.  It was an important detail and I could not find any fabric that was suitable.  I am really happy with how he looks inside the nesting hole in a tree.  Tomorrow I will begin quilting him.   Now I will take a walk and stretch a bit.  

I worked on the hole as well.  I think it looks more a part of the tree now.  I may add a bit at the bottom of the hole plus there is a bit of foreground quilting that is still to come.

7 comments:

Terri Stegmiller said...

Looking really good!!

WoolenSails said...

That is amazing, I thought it looked nice the first time, but with the darker shades I would swear it was tree bark.

We are still in the process of getting cabinets, had to get measured to be safe, rather pay to do that then buy something in the wrong size;) Next weekend we will go in and make a final selection.

Debbie

Susan Turney said...

He is the cutest thing! And that bark! Fab!

Robbie said...

I'm still lovin' this series!!

Rian said...

So much wonderful "textures" going on--especially the tree bark!! Super!

Kay said...

I really like the clever design, with the nest. This will be great!

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

Thank you all for such generous comments. I am having a lot of fun with this series and learning too. Can not beat that combination.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...