Jul 31, 2009

Aging

Here is something my sister, Vicki, sent me. We are both determined to go into old age with the right attitude. I liked this one and thought some of you might too.

Old age is like a bank account. You withdraw from what you've put in.

So, my advice to you would be to deposit a lot of happiness in the bank

account of memories!

Thank you for your part in filling my Memory Bank.

I am still depositing.

'Remember the five simple rules to be happy:

1. Free your heart from hatred.

2. Free your mind from worries.

3. Live simply.

4. Give more.

5. Expect less.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great philosophy. I am going to pass it on.

Eva said...

Must be working. I can tell by looking at you.

Nina Marie said...

You know this reminds me of a special gift I gave myself on my 35th birthday - if what I'm doing doesn't make me happy - then I'll stop doing it. I don't mean at that exact moment but in a big picture kind of sense. It took me 35 years to figure out that what made me happy and what made the rest of the world happy were usually at odds. Thanks for this thoughtful post!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...