Pages

Apr 25, 2010

Begin Anew

I have begun a new quilt.  Back when I did the commission for Sherman Hospital I did a landscape of
geese in a corn field.   While a worked on it I was thinking of a more abstract version of it.  I jotted down some notes and now I thought I would begin working on those ideas. 

I want to make it more textural, more layered, unperfect, rough cuts etc.  We will see how this goes and where it takes me.

7 comments:

  1. i love that idea if revisiting old work and exploring even further! it looks great already! what perfect fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great start. This is looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I havn't done very many landscape quilts and love the idea of doing some. This looks like a great start. Looking forward to seeing where you go with this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please keep sharing your progress as you work on this piece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the textural look and feel of the peice.
    Really nice use of fabrics and batiks.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh ... another adventure begins. I look forward to postings of your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As always, excellent fabric choices. Will the lines be the abstract interpretation of the geese?

    ReplyDelete